Whitney DiFoggio BS, RDH
- University of Illinois Chicago
- Prairie State College
- Award of Distinction (Issued by Sunstar & RDH Magazine) - July 2021
- Heart to Hands Award (Issued by Philips & RDH Magazine) - June 2019
- Instrumentation Excellence Award (Issued by Nordent Manufacturing Inc.) - May 2015
“Your dental health and overall health are connected. The goal of dental hygiene is to prevent oral disease, thus improving overall health.”
-Whitney DiFoggio, BS, RDH
- Registered Dental Hygienist (2015-present)
- American Dental Hygiene Association (2015-present)
- Oral Health Educator: National Children's Oral Health Foundation (2017-present)
- Certified Peer Educator: BACCUS Network
- Arizona State University (Master of Arts, Communication) *expected graduation: May 2024
- University of Illinois Chicago (Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences)
- Prairie State College (Associate of Applied Sciences, Dental Hygiene)
About Teeth Talk
TeethTalkGirl.com was created by a passionate dental hygienist, Whitney DiFoggio, BS, RDH. Whitney’s journey of spreading dental health awareness began on the YouTube platform — where she continues to create educational videos for the public.
Dentistry is not a one-size-fits-all! From discovering the best dental floss to understanding dental treatment options, our goal is to provide you with information to take an active role in your oral health. Learn more about us!
Recent Articles From Whitney DiFoggio BS, RDH
Root resorption is when the physical root structure of your tooth begins to erode or dissolve away
It’s completely normal to have different types and sizes of tongue bumps. But sometimes, these papillae can get irritated or inflamed.
A teething rash is when an infant shows some type of rash-like symptoms around their mouth, on their face, or elsewhere on their body.
Sanitizing or disinfecting toothbrush heads or knowing how to clean your tongue scraper can help you prevent the transmission of germs.
If your crown fell out, call your dentist ASAP. In the meantime, don’t chew with that tooth and put your crown somewhere where you won’t lose it.
In all, if you are eager to use baking soda, it’s recommended to find a baking soda toothpaste (so it’s also formulated with the anti-cavity ingredients)
Healthy gums typically look smooth and have a light coral-pink color, not red. They are tightly wrapped around your teeth and do not bleed.
Plaque disclosing tablets are a temporary teeth dye that shows plaque buildup on your teeth.
There are a couple of reasons why mouthwash burns your mouth. It contains alcohol, menthol, or chlorhexidine.
The best teeth whitening for sensitive teeth will be a system recommended by your dentist or hygienist and used as directed.
There are a few things you can do to try to get your novocaine numbness to wear off faster.
Bleachorexia is when you whiten your teeth too often than you’re supposed to.